Guest Post by
Elizabeth Marie Makeup
The wedding in the main event, yes, but unless you plan on kidnapping your makeup artist and taking them along, you're on your own for the honeymoon. After so much planning and entertaining, it's tempting to sit your bridal booty on the beach and never speak to another person again...except to order another mimosa perhaps. However, you did just marry the love of your life and are basking in newlywed googly eyed love. Chances are you're going to want some selfies with your new hubby to commemorate this victory trip, because you definitely earned it! Here are a few tips to ensure you are glowing in every Instagram photo with minimal effort!
1. Sun Screen. Betcha saw that one coming. Making everyone at home envious of your tan is fun, but cancer is not worth it. You've all heard the stories, so please be safe!
2. Exfoliate. Exfoliating is amazing for a few reasons. Softer skin, smaller pores, but my favorite is the bright, healthy way skin looks after! Bonus, skin absorbs moisture better after it has been exfoliated.
3. Moisturize. Pretty please moisturize! The sun is giving your skin a beautiful glow, but dry skin is not pretty. Grab some coconut oil to help nourish and heal your skin after those beach days.
4. BB cream. I'm usually pretty lazy on vacation and don't wear foundation, but if you need a little coverage this is a great way to go without looking overdone. Garnier Skin Renew is my go to when I need a more polished look on vacation.
5. Waterproof Mascara. Vacations call for minimal makeup/effort. A little waterproof mascara goes a long way in making your eyes pop without the dreaded raccoon eyes. Try Lo'real Voluminous Power Volume 24 Hour in Waterproof, practically the holy grail of mascaras in makeup artist land.
6. Highlight! Your skin in getting a nice dark glow, add a little dimension with a highlight on top of your cheekbones, in the inner corners of your eyes, and under your brows. General rule of thumb is whatever the light hits naturally, throw a highlight on!
7. Brows. Brows are a fantastic way to add dimension to your face without looking like you tried, because you didn't...too much anyway. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel is basically mascara for your brows. One swipe with the wand and you have great brows that will stay in place all day!
8. Tinted Lip Balm. My favorite has always been Burt's Bee's, and they have a great color selection! Or skip the color and try the original for an uber natural look.
And there you go! A complete "cheat sheet" to that perfect, glowy, kissed by the sun look with absolutely minimal time, $$$, and effort. Enjoy the honeymoon you beautiful people!