If you've been in the business for more than 5 minutes, you're aware that it's more than just "taking pretty pictures." You probably spend more time managing the backend of your business than actually shooting. When I was first starting out, I did a lot of research and program jumping searching for just the right assortment of products that would make my business function the way I wanted. Here's a quick lineup of the products & software that I use that make my life easier. :)
1. Two Bright Lights - I've been published countless times already this year and it's due partly to Two Bright Lights. With two bright lights, I have easy access to many wedding blogs and can upload & submit my shoots without having to track down emails and submission guidelines.
3. PASS - I love being able to deliver my clients their photos quickly using a method that makes me look fancy. PASS has a grid flow layout similar to pinterest that is fully integrated with social media. Clients can share their photos directly from the gallery or order prints.
4. Squarespace- Website design made easy! I love the squarespace interface because it's all drag & drop. You can create a lovely website quickly without paying to hire a designer or know any coding. Plus, with a variety of included templates, it's easy to create a website that is unique to your brand.
5. Blogstomp- Organizing beautiful blog post collages can be time consuming when using photoshop. With blogstomp, you can instantly create lovely collages by custom selecting photos and your layout.
6. IFTT.com & Buffer.com-- The BEST social media marketing hack ever. I use this as a means of pushing all my instagram & facebook posts to my google+ page.
7. MileIq - Tracking business travel is a GREAT tax writeoff. And let's be real, the more tax writeoffs the better. MileIQ makes it so easy. It's an app you can download on your phone that will run in the background. At your leisure, you sort through your drives by swiping left for personal and right for business. At the end of the year, you can go on their website and create a report of all the business travel for your cpa. Stupid easy right?!
8. Bears Graphic Design -My go to business card printing company. I got through business cards like reeces pieces. I thought about upgrading to some fancy letterpress linen card, but I give too many away to justify the price. Vanessa at bear graphic designs has a great product, speedy turn around time and fast communication. Plus her printing services are SO AFFORDABLE!