Hi, I'm Becca!
I'm the owner of B. Jones Photography.
I've been married 5 years and I'm already daydreaming about our epic vow renewal. Planning a wedding is overwhelming. If you're anything like I was, you've got about 965 things pinned on pinterest and you're knee deep in glitter for your latest DIY project.
You want your wedding to be perfect. I can totally relate. Hiring me as your wedding photographer means you receive gorgeous photos that relive every moment and something to put on facebook and pinterest. ;)
Having me as your wedding photographer comes with a few additional bonus'. I’m a crafty little Martha Stewart wanna-be. I’ve sewn a bridesmaid into a dress, fixed a bustle that broke and repaired a button that popped off the grooms jacket. I will do anything I can to ensure your wedding day goes off without a hitch.v
These are a few of My Favorite Things
On the sea or at the beach, I'm not particular. It's all bliss in my opinion.
LONG before I was a wedding photographer, I lived in NYC and pursued a Broadway dream.
It wasn't the right fit for me, but it's still near & dear to my heart.
As a work at home mom, coffee is HOW I make it all happen. In true Seattle fashion, I'm a bit of a coffee snob.
Maple The Pup
My snuggly english cream golden retriever helps me do location scouting.
Whether we're on a mountain or just doing a stroller walk through our neighborhood, walks with my boys are my happy place.
It's my signature color & just about everything in my house is this color. My hubster is VERY understanding about this obsession. ;)
I've tried about a billion different workout regimens & styles and this is BY FAR my favorite!
Glitter & Sequins
Everything is better with sparkle. #ALLTHESPARKLE
-My amazing associates-
Kimber has been with me since nearly the beginning! <3 She is incredibly talented at capturing the 'in between moments' of a stollen glance, genuine giggles or those long loving snuggles you enjoy when you think no ones watching! In addition, her background as a concert photographer lends itself well to reception photography. Her images of your guests cutting lose on the dance floor are worthy of an album cover!
She second shoots almost all my weddings, which means that she knows my posing style INSIDE AND OUT! In fact, she's so engrained in the B. Jones style that almost half the images on my website were taken by her.
IN MY BAG:
- Nikon D750
- 85mm 1.8
- 50mm 1.8
- 105mm 1.8
- SB-900 Flash
IN MY BAG:
- Two Canon 5D MKIII camera bodies
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art Lens
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art Lens
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art Lens
- Two Canon 580ex Speedlights
Hello! I'm Ashley, and I'm so thrilled to be working with B. Jones Photography's associate program! I've lived my entire life in the city of Seattle, and I'm in awe of its beauty every single day. I grew up with a family that took a lot of snapshots, and I've got stacks and binders of old photos I took through middle and elementary school of anything and everything you can imagine.
I've always wanted to be a Photographer with a capital P, and decided to dive in to the business when my son was a year old as a way to stay at home with him long-term. Once I shot my first wedding, I was absolutely hooked on the industry and the experiences it's brought me.
My husband and I bought our first home this last year that we share with our mutt, Rufus and just celebrated 5 happy years of marriage. I'm super passionate about clean eating and leading a green lifestyle, and I positively require coffee before any activity in the morning.
I'm so lucky to do what I love, and love what I do. Documenting weddings is truly my calling and I still get butterflies before every single one. My absolute favorite part of the wedding day is just after the ceremony, when all the nervous energy is released and it's time to celebrate! It's such a special time.
5 Things About Me:
1) I'm a serious homebody on my nights off. My ideal Friday night includes a hot mug of tea and a skin treatment in front of Netflix with my hubby!
2) I'm obsessed with mid century modern architecture and furniture and I'm slowly but surely converting my home over to the MCM style.
3) I'm so lucky to be able to stay at home with my 4 year old, Arlo, and I'm so excited to be expecting my second baby in the new year!
4) The most emotional part of weddings for me is easily the father/daughter dance. I always, always cry!
5) I'm a born and bred Seattleite, and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
In MY Bag:
- 85mm 1.8
- 24-70mm 2.8
- 70-200mm 2.8
- SB 910
- Nikon D800
- 35mm 1.4
- 50mm 1.4
- 60mm macro
Photography is the spicy salsa on my tortilla chips - I always want more! In my other life pursuits, I enjoy being: a mother to our thriving girls, married to a supportive husband, DIY enthusiast, Husky alumni and Seahawks fan, savvy Amazon shopper, goat herder and a budding farmer of five acres. I also love entertaining guests, making art and crafts and being outside as much as possible.
Top 5 Obsessions:
1. Air plants. I have these little plants tucked in random places all over my home. I love that I only have to give them the occasional mist of water and they just keep on doing their thing. These delightful plants are an incredibly easy way to accentuate your decor, whip up a quick centerpiece and make for a thoughtful gift that anyone will love.
2. Metal tones. I had a long phase of adoring sterling silver because it so easily goes with everything and now I'm on to a new phase of appreciating the style that gold brings to the table. I especially love finding these metal tones mixed together in lighting fixtures and kitchen hardware (I'm a DIY kind of gal) and anything in a rose gold is sure to grab my attention every time.
3. Wool. It is no exaggeration that I am "that one gal" that wears knee-high socks under a wool blanket in the peak of summer because it's just never hot enough. I find that wool can also be luxurious in that I collect cozy wool throw blankets to keep in our family room year-round and hoard the wool hats and scarves knitted for me by my sister.
4. Sorel. If you were to press me hard for a brand that I am most loyal to, it would have to be Sorel. I won't tell you exactly how many Sorel boots and shoes I own, but I will say that I have been loving their designs, fit and quality for many years now. When I get dressed for the day, I often start with the shoe and Sorel never disappoints.
5. Pinterest. Let's be honest. How did anyone plan anything before there was Pinterest!? I love using this black hole of magic to create boards for planning my daughter's birthday parties (Mary Poppins!) and especially home improvements because I am a DIY junkie.
Favorite Part of the Wedding Day:
My favorite part of the wedding day is the time set aside for portraits with the couple, whether it's before or after the ceremony, because it always proves to be the most special and least stressful time for them to enjoy each other while taking in the magnitude of the day. No matter the size of a wedding, there is always a hustle and bustle going on all around that makes the time for portraits feel extra special and lends even more photographic creativity.
In My Bag
- 2 Canon 5Dmark3 cameras
- 85 mm 1.8
- 35 mm 2.0
- 70-200 mm f4
- 100 mm Macro
- 17-40 mm f4
- 3 Speedlights
Hi I’m Christine, but you can just call me ‘Photographer’ because I’m always behind the camera. Originally a prairie girl, I’ve been loving the PNW for the past 5 years and can’t get enough of the woods, lakes,and ocean. I found wedding photography through a film photography class I took during my undergrad and never looked back. My favorite weddings
are those that feel unique and personal. I consider myself a storyteller first and a photographer second, and I love everything about the details and connections between two people and how they came to be one.
My favorite part of any wedding day is when the parents toast their sons and daughters. There is so much genuine emotion, pride and love in seeing your children grow into their own, and beginning a new chapter of their lives with their own little families is so meaningful, I can’t help but feel every single moment right along with them.
5 things I can’t live without:
- My dog. Hands down this little guy is one of my favorite living things on earth. I raised him from a tiny puppy and he is my constant companion and editing buddy! He knows exactly when I need a snuggle break and makes me laugh every day.
- Mascara – no matter what you’re wearing, it makes everything a little more dressed up. I have about 10 tubes of it all over the house, in every bag, and my car – just in case!
- Dry fruit. Anyone who knows me knows that I am always eating, and have a serious sweet tooth. Dry fruit of any kind (thanks, Trader Joe’s!) is my go to healthy sweet snack no matter the time of day or night.
- Mountains. I am lucky enough to live close enough to have a morning view of the Cascades, and hiking with my little family is one of my favorite things to do with a rare weekend day off.
- Banana Republic – you’d be hard pressed to find a cuter dress or skirt with pockets than at Banana Republic, which is a must have feature for a wedding photographer. I’m all about fashion, function, and the perfect wedding photography outfit.