One of the perks of getting married is picking out all the things you’ll need for your new home. Why is that scanner gun so fun to use? Here’s a roundup of some highlights of where I think you should look into registering and why!
Tried and true. There’s a reason why this is a staple! They have all of the basics and more. China? Check. Silverware? Check. Crystal? Check. Bakeware? Check. It’s all there! Plus, check out all of these perks they give couples!
- Connect your Macy’s credit card to your registry (or open a new one) and earn 10% back on all of your purchases and 5% back on gifts purchased for you! They’ll mail you a gift card after your wedding
- Macy’s also has some great gift programs; receive items off of your registry or purchase them yourself and receive free items. Here’s some of the ones that stand out below but schedule an appointment with your local Macy’s to go over details with your own registry to make sure you don’t miss out on any deals
- Purchase at least $800 of All-Clad and receive a Stainless Steel Skillet etched with your initials and wedding date ($120 value)
- Purchase a Keriug and receive 2 travel mugs
- Purchase any blender from Vitamix and receive a to-go cup
- Purchase at least 10 china place settings of most major brands and receive an open vegetable bowl
- Purchase at least 10 same size pieces of stemware of most major brands and receive an additional goblet, flute, or wine glass
- Purchase at least 10 stainless steel flatware place settings of most major brands and receive a hostess serving set
- For more details, check them out here: https://www.macys.com/registry/wedding/m/gifts-with-registry?cm_sp=reg_catsplash_registry_manager-_-row2-_-slide2_Special-Gifts-From-us-to-You%2C-Get-once-in-a-lifetime-gifts-from-top-brands%21-Check-it-Out
Bed, Bath, & Beyond:
This wouldn’t be an accurate list if they weren’t included. The name says it all, need something for your home? They will have it!
- Bed, Bath, & Beyond makes it easy. When you register with them, they give you a “Freebook” that outlines all of the free gifts you can receive after your registry has been filled. Check it out here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/static/usfreebook2016circular
I died a little inside when they announced that they would start a registry program. Have you seen their home décor? Swoon. Unfortunately they don’t have any perks at this time, but according to their website they are looking into it. So *fingers crossed* hopefully something will pop up soon, keep an eye out! In the meantime, I’ll be adding their mix and match patterned bakeware to my own personal wish list. Love!
Because everyone needs a new TV. And maybe an Xbox for a stay-in date night. A camera to document all the new memories you’re about to make together. They also have practical things like washing machines, microwaves, and vacuums. I don’t think the fiancé will protest going to this store ☺
- The cool thing about Best Buy is that they offer group gifting. Guests are able to contribute to a portion of a gift, as much as they want, which is perfect for big ticket items such as a washer and dryer or a refrigerator.
- They also offer free shipping on all gifts, big and small!
For the outdoorsy couple! How perfect would it be to get a bunch of camping and hiking gear for your wedding? Ultimate weekend getaways, check! Plus, being in the Pacific Northwest, you’ll always need extra outdoor gear, especially if you like to spend a lot of time outdoors. They also have a great return/guarantee policy.
Can’t decide where to register because they all sound good? Then you should definitely check out myregistry.com. You can register at literally any store in the world, whether or not they have a website. I’ve always been a big fan of supporting small businesses and this a great way to register for exactly the items that you want from the places you want to support! It’s easy to navigate and easy to add items from across the globe. What more could you want?
Another great alternative registry idea is to set up a honeymoon fund at honeyfund.com. It’s completely free to set up and guests can send money via cash or check for free. It’s the start of your new lives together, start it off with a grand adventure. The website is set up for more than just honeymoons as well, you can use the money given to you to help set up your new home as well!
I Do Foundation:
Looking for something different? Try a charity registry at idofoundation.com. Guests are able to place a donation in your honor to a charity of your choice. They also have partnered with the weddingchannel.com so you can link up a gift registry and 3% of everything purchased will be donated to your favorite charity as well. There is nothing better than giving back!